Reading Time: 4 minutes
In 2014, Uber introduced its online meal ordering and delivery service, Uber Eats. Food is delivered by couriers who travel by vehicle, motorcycle, bicycle, or foot. It is in use in more than 6,000 cities across 45 nations. Due to forcing restaurants to charge the same price for delivery and dine-in if they wish to be listed on UberEats’ app and charging fees of 13–40% of revenue, the firm is being sued for antitrust price manipulation. Well, this is how the company operates. But, what about the part of it that is actually connected to you? Yes, we are talking about ordering food, but perhaps you no longer want to avail of their services because it’s proving to be burdensome for your pocket. This may lead you to delete your Uber Eats account.
What you need to know about deleting your Uber Eats account
It can be tough to delete your Uber Eats account because you also need to delete your main Uber account. Within 30 days, you can deactivate the account and reactivate it without losing your previous credits or ride history, but after that time, the account is permanently destroyed.
You might want to think about just ceasing to use Uber Eats, perhaps by retaining the main Uber app on your iPhone or Android phone while removing the standalone Uber Eats app.
After the 30-day time has passed, Uber will destroy the majority of your account data from its servers, but it will keep certain undisclosed data about how you used your account.
How to delete your Uber Eats account via a web browser
- Now, the first thing that we will be taking into account for this guide is the web browser itself which can be anything ranging from Google Chrome and Firefox to Microsoft Edge. The overall steps will be the same.
- Go to the official Uber Eats website using your choice web browser on a computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- Choose Sign In.
- Select Next, then type the email address or mobile number linked to your Uber Eats account.
- Enter your password, then choose Next once more.
- Within a minute or so, if your account has Two-factor authentication enabled, a text message with a four-digit code will be delivered to your phone. When you have this code, enter it into the website’s area and click “Verify.” Your account on the website for Uber Eats should now be signed in.
- In the top-right corner, click on the name of your account.
- Choose Help.
- The Account and Payment Options heading should be chosen.
- “Delete my Uber Eats account” is the option.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your password once more and a new browser tab will appear. Enter it there and then choose Next.
- All of the connected Uber services that are associated with your account will be displayed to you. Click Continue when you are prepared.
- Select a justification for account cancellation.
- To complete the deletion process, choose Delete account.
- You will see a brief confirmation message on the screen to indicate that your request has been handled. The site and all of your apps will now log you out of your Uber account. Within 30 days, your account will be terminated.
NOTE: One thing that you must remember is that deleting your Uber Eats account would entail deleting your Uber account. So, if you don’t want that to happen you can just somehow stop yourself from ordering.
How can you delete your Uber Eats account on Android
- Open the Uber app on your phone or tablet.
- Click the Profile icon in the upper-left corner.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- On the Account Settings screen, swipe down and select the Privacy option.
- Click the link that reads “Delete Your Account” at the bottom of the app screen.
- Use your email to sign in to your Uber account, then hit Next.
- In the Verification Code box, enter the four-digit code you received by text message or phone call, then click the Verify button.
- Scroll down to the bottom page and tap the Continue button.
- Determine why you want to delete your Uber account.
- To confirm the account cancellation, tap the Delete Account button.
NOTE: To summarise you need to remove your entire Uber account in order to delete your Uber Eats account. This includes the Uber taxi-hailing app. You can uninstall the Uber Eats app from your Android or iOS phone if you merely want to erase it. But take note—the primary Uber account is still active.
Clearing confusion between Uber Eats and Uber account
- There are two distinct services that distinguish the Uber account from the Uber Eats account.
- Uber is a service that allows you to order a ride to get to work, any appointment, a social gathering, or your house.
- You can hire an Uber driver to take you wherever you need to go.
- In contrast, Uber Eats is a food delivery service that lets you choose a dish from a participating restaurant.
- A food delivery driver will pick up the order at the restaurant and deliver it to your home once you pay for the meal using the Uber app.
Handpicked Relevant Read: Delete Lyft Account
What happens after you delete your Uber Eats account?
If you delete your Uber Eats account, you will, unfortunately, lose access to the Uber ride service. When you cancel your Uber account, you will no longer be able to order food through Uber Eats or hail a ride, as well as other Uber services.
Additionally, you should be aware that removing the Uber app from your smartphone or other digital devices won’t remove all of the data associated with your Uber account.
Your account will simply go dormant, but the business will still hold your information o your account may eventually be deleted by Uber if it is inactive.
How to cancel your Uber Eats pass?
Now, if you are someone who wants to get rid not of Uber Eats in itself but rather the Eats pass then this section will help you out. But remember that you have 24 hours until your next regular billing cycle to cancel your Eats Pass at any time. If not, the subsequent cycle will be billed to you. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Open the Uber Eats application.
- then select the Profile icon from the menu bar’s bottom.
- To access your Eats Pass hub, tap on Eats Pass.
- In the Eats Pass hub, select Manage membership.
- To cancel your membership, click End membership and leave Eats Pass.
Can you really delete Uber Eats permanently?
Permanent deletion of an Uber Eats account is not possible. You have the option of deactivating or deleting your account. When you deactivate your account, your profile will be hidden and you will be removed from the app, but Uber will continue to store your data. Contact Uber customer service if you wish to entirely remove your account and all of its data.