Reading Time: 4 minutes
Cydia is an app that enables iOS devices that have been jailbroken to discover and install applications and changes that are exclusive to jailbreaking. You have the option to remove your jailbreak entirely or just delete Cydia app on iPhone if you decide you no longer want to use it. You can easily delete Cydia app on iPhone if you decide that you no longer need it. If you want to send your smartphone in for repair, you will need to delete the jailbreak in its entirety to avoid having the warranty on your device nullified. So, here we go with our instructions on how to delete Cydia app on iPhone.
How to delete Cydia app on iPhone?
Follow the steps below to Delete Cydia app on iPhone:
Way 1: The first method involves removing all of the Cydia packages and apps.
- Open Cydia. You are able to delete Cydia on iPhone or other iOS devices without the jailbreak being removed along with it. In the event that your jailbreak procedure does not go as planned, your device will not be able to enter safe mode if you do not have Cydia installed.
- To see what has been installed, choose the “Installed” tab at the bottom of the screen. This will reveal a list of all of the packages that you have currently installed on your system.
- Tap the customization or application that you want to uninstall from your device. This will open the page containing its Details.
- After tapping the “Modify” button in the top right corner, choose “Remove” from the menu that appears. This will add the item to the uninstallation queue that you have created.
- Tap “Continue Queuing”. This will enable you to pick other packages, which can then be added to the uninstallation queue.
- Repeat the procedure of queuing until you have picked all of the packages that you do not wish to delete. After you have completed waiting in line, click on the page labeled “Installed.”
- Click the “Queue” button, and then click the “Confirm” button. This will uninstall every one of the packages that you have chosen in the previous step.
- Remove the “Cydia Installer” package from your device.
- Tap “Modify” on the “Cydia Installer” Details screen once you have opened it.
- Choose “Remove,” and then hit the “Confirm” button thereafter.
- The Cydia application will then be removed, and your device will restart after that.
Also Read: Delete card from Apple Pay Wallet
Way 2: The second method to delete Cydia App on iPhone is to unjailbreak your device.
- Establish a connection between your Apple iOS device and your PC. Connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to your personal computer requires the use of a USB connection.
- When you delete your jailbreak, Cydia along with all of the jailbreak modifications and applications that were previously installed on your smartphone will also be removed.
- If it hasn’t already started up for you, launch iTunes now.
Note: You are going to make a backup of your handset using iTunes, and then you are going to restore it to its factory settings, which will remove the jailbreak as well as any traces of Cydia. You will not lose any of your data, but you will lose all of the jailbreak modifications you have installed.
- Choose your iOS device from the drop-down menu at the very top of iTunes. This will open the pane referred to as the Summary.
- Followed by clicking, choose “This computer” from the drop-down menu.
- Back-Up Now. The whole contents of your device will be backed up onto the hard disc of your computer when you do this. The procedure of backing up will be finished when a few moments have passed.
- Simply tap the button labeled “Restore iPhone/iPad/iPod…” to begin the process.
Note: Before continuing with the restoration process, iTunes will check with you to be sure that you want it to proceed. It may take a few minutes, but your iOS device will eventually be completely reset to factory settings.
- After the process of restoring your files is finished, load your backup. Then, after your device has been restored, iTunes will provide you with the choice to set up the device as if it were brand new or to load a backup file instead.
- Choose to restore from the backup that you just produced by going back to the backup menu and making your selection. This will remove the jailbreak, Cydia, and all of the customizations and applications from Cydia that you installed, as well as restore all of your data and settings to their original state.
- It will take some time before the backup can be loaded. On the display of your iOS device, you will be able to keep track of the current status.
Conclusion: So, this is how you can delete Cydia app on iPhone if you no longer need their services or want to go up to another provider. The process is really straightforward, and if you adhere to all of the instructions exactly, you should be able to do it in a very short amount of time. That wraps up our end of the conversation. If you like the information that our guide provides, we would much appreciate it if you would share any pertinent feedback with us in the space provided below. In addition, if you have any questions or concerns about the aforementioned topic, feel free to leave them in the comments section below. It would be our absolute pleasure to be of service to you. Thank you!